Don’t get stuck in a recipe rut! Make one of these 25 simple high protein (plant-based) vegan and vegetarian recipes for lunch or dinner.
As a vegetarian, it’s difficult to find well-balanced recipes that include plenty of protein. That’s why I asked some of my Dietitian blogger friends to share their favorite protein packed meatless lunch and dinner recipes.
These 25 gorgeous recipes showcase that you don’t need to sacrifice protein or flavor to have a delicious vegetarian or vegan meal. Let me know which one is your favorite!
And get a free 7-Day Vegetarian Meal Plan sent to your inbox now by entering your info below!
How much protein is in these recipes?
For a plant-based diet, I consider “high protein” anything that has a whole foods protein source, like beans, lentils, soy products, nuts and seeds.
Ideally, each of these meals should have at least 20 grams of vegan or vegetarian protein. That said, not every single recipe meets that exactly but I do think they are worth including because each meal is extremely well-balanced, tasty and satisfying.
If you really want to focus in one one ingredient, check out these other round ups of recipes by Registered Dietitians:
- 17 Tofu Recipes For Every Meal Of The Day
- 14 Protein-Packed Tempeh Recipes
- 20 Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes with Leafy Greens
- 20 of the Best Healthy Smoothies
1. Vegan Sushi Quinoa Bowl by Nutrition à la Natalie
This vegan quinoa bowl brings together all the flavors of vegetable sushi–avocado, cucumber and carrots–with protein-rich edamame and quinoa. And it’s topped with a lovely miso vinaigrette.
2. Spiced Chickpea Wrap with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce by Nutrition à la Natalie
Wrap your lunch up vegetarian style! This spiced chickpea wrap is filled with protein and filling ingredients to keep you fueled for hours.
3. Vegan Black Bean “Fried” Quinoa by Marisa Moore
A healthier alternative to your typical fried rice recipe, this black bean fried quinoa stir-fry is a quick and easy vegan meal that’s ready in just 20 minutes!
4. Thai Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl by Sharon Palmer
This dish showcases the flavors of Thailand. With just one bite, you will be excited to change up your plant-based palate!
5. Vegan Pumpkin Chili by Nutrition à la Natalie
If you’ve never added pumpkin to your chili, you’re missing out! This version combines fresh veggies, two types of beans, pumpkin, sweet potato in one hearty bowl. It’s perfect to meal prep and eat all week!
6. Easy Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac by Kara Lydon
Hearty and extremely satisfying, this instant pot vegetarian chili mac will leave you feeling full and happy.
7. Vegan “Chicken” (Tofu) Nuggets by Nutrition à la Natalie
These nuggets are great for plant-based kids or anyone in your family who wants to eat a little less meat. They are completely vegan, full of protein, crunchy and high in taste!
8. Mango Farro Salad with Tomatillo Dressing by Christy Wilson Nutrition
With just a hint of fruity sweetness, this mango farro salad is colorful, nutritious and a perfect option for lunch or a dinner side dish!
9. Sheet Pan Tofu Bowls by Grateful Grazer
Baked in a sweet-and-savory sauce and served over a hearty mix of grains and lentils, this sheet pan tofu bowl recipe will leave you wanting seconds (or thirds!)
10. 30 Minute Loaded Quinoa Taco Salad by Dishing Out Health
Spice up your Taco Tuesday with this all-in-one loaded quinoa taco salad – a total flavor fiesta!
11. Zucchini & Lentil Tacos by Nutrition à la Natalie
Brown lentils make a great substitute for ground meat in plant-based tacos. This version combines lentils with zucchini and adds a delicious radish-based salsa. After this meal, Taco Tuesday will never be the same again!
12. Grilled Tofu with Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce by Jessica Levinson
A quick and easy vegetarian weeknight meal to enjoy all year long, this grilled tofu with cilantro avocado cream sauce will become a staple item in your kitchen!
13. Greek Lentil Power Bowl by Nutrition à la Natalie
With so many flavors in each bite, this greek lentil power bowl is a weekly staple that is nourishing, delicious and easy to meal-prep.
14. Bitchin’ Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes Power Bowl by E.A Stewart
Easy to make, yet loaded with deliciousness from all the different layers of flavors, this roasted sweet potatoes bowl is a gluten free and vegan dream!
15. Spring Green Quinoa Bowl by Lively Table
Say hello to spring with this healthy Spring Green Quinoa Bowl, filled with nourishing green vegetables, quinoa, avocado and a perfectly poached egg!
16. Smoky Tempeh Stuffed Acorn Squash by Sinful Nutrition
A hearty vegan recipe that’s perfect for your next big holiday meal or dinner, this smoky tempeh stuffed acorn squash will even please the meat eaters!
17. Chickpea Salad Sandwich With Sweet Apple Slaw by Nutrition à la Natalie
Simple, delicious, and filled with tons of plants, this chickpea salad sandwich is the perfect lunch for Meatless Monday!
18. Vegan Tempeh Burger by Nutrition à la Natalie
Craving a burger, but need a break from meat? This vegan tempeh burger is one of the best vegan burgers you’re ever going to taste!
19. Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Boats by Nutrition à la Natalie
Surprise! The protein in these low-carb zucchini boats comes from the ricotta cheese. These are a veggie-forward dish that is so easy to make. And it’s a great way to get everyone to eat this veggies!
20. Moroccan Lentil Soup by Nutrition à la Natalie
Warming, comforting, hearty, filling, & satisfying – this moroccan lentil soup checks all of the boxes and makes for the perfect lunch or side dish on a chilly day!
21. Moroccan Style Butternut Squash with Chickpeas and Cauliflower Rice by Steps 2 Nutrition
This Middle Eastern inspired recipe is a celebration of spice. With just one bite, you’ll be in heaven with this incredibly tasteful dish!
22. Vegan Sorghum Chili by Triad to Wellness
There is nothing more comforting than a classic bowl of chili, and this vegan sorghum chili is certainly no exception!
23. Brussels Sprout Naan Pizza With An Egg On Top by Nutrition à la Natalie
This might seem a little odd compared to the traditional pizza, but this naan pizza with Brussels sprouts and an egg on top is incredibly satisfying. The egg gives it plenty of protein, while the Brussels sprouts provide fiber to fill you up.
24. Tempeh Stir-Fry with Broccoli & Hoisin Sauce by Nutrition à la Natalie
Have you ever had tempeh before? If not, you’re missing out on a delicious plant-based protein that is packed with protein. Tempeh is may from fermented soybeans, and it’s versatile and affordable. Throw it in a stir-fry for a vegan dinner in minutes.
25. Vegetable Barley Soup by Nutrition à la Natalie
There’s really nothing better than a warm bowl of veggie soup in the winter, and this one-pot veggie barley soup will soon become one of your new favorites. Made with a variety of veggies and quick-cook barley, this is ready in less than 30 minutes.