In the Media
I write for a variety of national publications and appear on TV frequently. Below are some of my latest press clips.
Please contact me if you would like to work together on a media appearance.
Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD is a NYC-based Registered Dietitian, food and nutrition writer, national spokesperson and owner of Greenletes, a successful plant-based sports nutrition company. Natalie has bylines in many national publications, such as Runner’s World, NBC News, SHAPE, The Beet, Bicycling, Diabetic Living and Prevention. In her work as a nutrition spokesperson, she frequently appears in television segments and is quoted as the nutrition expert in top tier national publications. Natalie is passionate about simplifying complicated sports nutrition information for everyday athletes, and she’s dedicated to teaching them how to eat more plants. She has a Master’s in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology from Columbia University and has been a vegetarian for more than a decade.
Natalie Rizzo National Byline Articles
- 6 Flour Alternatives To Switch Things Up In The Kitchen
- 10 Healthy Breakfasts For On-The-Go Runners
- Is Sushi Healthy–Or Can It Be Hurting Your Performance?
- How Healthy Are Air Fryers?
- A Complete Guide To The Benefits of Omega-6s
- 10 BCAA Foods That Will Help You Ditch The Supplements
- How Much Fat Should Runners Eat Per Day?
- Can You Actually Train Your Gut To Overcome Common GI Issues?
- 11 Foods That Will Boost Bone Strength and Joint Health
- The Healthiest Breads You Can Find In The Grocery Store
- Are There Any Healthy Benefits of Manuka Honey?
- What Is Intuitive Eating?
- The Benefits of Omega-3s on Your Health & Performance
- Get a Week’s Worth of Easy Breakfast Ideas for Just $20
- Injured? These Nutrients Can Help You Recover
- 7 Foods That Are Totally Messing With Your Sleep
- 10 Healthy Foods With Magnesium You Should Add to Your Diet
- 9 Zinc Rich Foods So It’s Easy To Get Your Daily Dose
- What Are The Health Benefits Of Green Smoothies?
- 8 Easy Cold Meals To Make This Summer
- 10 Plant-Based Foods To Keep You Full and Energized
- 10 Healthy Frozen Treats That Will Cool You Down Post-run
- 6 Types of Squash and How To Prepare Them
- What Is Sorghum and Why Should You Add It To Your Diet?
- A Complete Guide To Caffeine For Performance
- Fake Meat Is Getting Scary Real–But Is It Actually Healthy?
- Add These 10 Pantry Staple Swaps To Your Grocery List
- 10 Plant-Based Foods That Will Keep You Feeling Full & Energized
- What Is Cacao & How Is It Different Than Chocolate?
- 8 Easy Cold Recovery Meals To Make This Summer
- How To Build The Perfect Burrito Bowl To Fuel Your Miles
- 9 Zinc-Rich Foods That Make It Easy To Get Your Daily Dose
- How To Know If You’re Nutrient Deficient
- Do You Need A Protein Powder On A Vegan Diet?
- I Just Started a Plant-Based Diet. Should I See a Nutritionist?
- What’s The Difference Between Serving Size and Portion Size?
- Should I Be Counting Macros On My Plant-Based Diet?
- Ask The Expert: I Fell Off The Plant-Based Bandwagon. How Do I Get Back On Track?
- Ask The Expert: How Do I Get Loved Ones On Board With Plant-Based Eating?
- Ask The Expert: When Should You Buy Organic Food Versus Conventional?
- How To Start Eating A Whole Foods, Plant-Based Diet
- How To Eat A Balanced Vegan Diet
- 7 Nutrients Men Need On A Vegan Diet
- 6 Tips To Lose Weight On A Plant-Based Diet
- The Easiest Way To Start A Vegan Diet Is One Meal At A Time
NBC News Better
- Ask a nutritionist: Should I eat the same foods every day?
- The Best Teas For Energy, Digestion, Sleep–and more
- The Best Cooking Oils To Use
- How To Cook With The Most Intimidating Fall Produce
- 8 Apple Recipes To Try This Fall
- The Health Benefits of Fresh Herbs
- 8 Summer Superfoods to Eat After A Tough Workout
- 6 “Healthy” Instagram Food Trends That Don’t Always Live Up to the Hype
- How To Eat A Low Glycemic Index Diet
- Is Tequila Really Paleo-Friendly Or Are We Kidding Ourselves?
- 9 Healthy Frozen Meals That Aren’t Our Childhood Dinners
- The Best Milk Alternatives When You’re Not Down With Dairy
- 12 Foods That Give Hair Skin and Nails A Boost
- How To Meal Prep For A Party
- What Are FODMAPs and Should I Be Avoiding Them?
- Can Certain Foods Actually Burn Fat & Boost Metabolism?
- The Best Foods To Pack A Picnic When You’re Trying To Class It Up A Bit
- Easy Ways To Spend Less On Your Favorite Healthy Foods
- What Foods Are Best To Eat On An Intermittent Fasting Diet?
- What Are The Best Foods For Clear Glowing Skin?
- 10 Food-Shopping Mistakes That Are Costing You a Fortune
- 9 Post-Workout Snacks to Grab at the Store When You’re Feeling Hangry
- Is It Actually OK to Eat an Entire Pint of “Healthy” Ice Cream? Asking for a Friend
- 7 Cheap Superfoods That Are Good For Your Heart
- Exactly What to Eat Before a Short Run
- Nutritionist-Approved Tips to Stay Healthy Long After Your Diet Is Over
- Carb Cycling Helps You Cut Carbs Without Completely Eliminating Them
- 20 Peanut-Free Candies For Kids With Allergies
- 25 Best High-Protein Snacks to Keep You Full Between Meals, According to Dietitians
- 15 Foods That Pack More Protein Than An Egg
- Are Bananas Healthy?
- Are Sweet Potatoes Healthy?
- What Is Moringa Powder?
- Is The Nordic Diet The Healthiest Way To Eat?
- What Is Mushroom Coffee–And Can It Really Boost Health?
- What Is the Mediterranean Diet Anyway?
- This Grilled Veggie Pizza Is Way Healthier Than Take-out
- Stop Spring Cleaning Your Diet
- This Vegan Ice Cream Was Not Made With Frozen Bananas
- Why This Dietitian Is Changing Her View On Supplements
- The Start-to-Finish Guide to Fueling for a Half Marathon
- The Puffed and Popped Food Trend Is A Healthier Way To Snack
- WTF Is Natto and Should You Try It?