The No-Brainer Nutrition Guide for Every Runner
As a Registered Dietitian and marathon runner, I’m dedicated to using an evidence-based approach to sports nutrition.
What does that mean? Well, I’ll never recommend a crazy fad diet or supplement that hasn’t been proven by research. Instead, I try to give practical advice that is rooted in science.
That doesn’t mean it’s difficult to follow though! As a matter of fact, many many runners have benefitted from following my nutrition advice.
“The No-Brainer Nutrition Guide For Every Runner” delves into a variety of nutrition topics, such as:
- How much should you eat and drink before, during and after a run?
- Should you be using a sports supplement?
- What should you eat if you run really early in the morning?
- What’s the proper ratio of nutrients in a recovery meal?
- What the heck are BCAA and should you be supplementing with them?
- How can you follow a meatless diet and still fuel your running routine?
- What are some natural alternatives to sports nutrition products?
- How should your fueling change as you increase my mileage?
Other content you might find helpful:
How to build a healthy pre-marathon dinner, foods to avoid the night before the race and when to eat so you have you best race ever Table of contentsMeal compositionA note about fiberFoods and drinks to avoidWhen should you eat the night before?Pre-race dinner...
What to eat the night before and morning of a half marathon. Plant-based foods that will help you PR in your next race! And make sure you know what foods to avoid. By Rachel Longo (Reviewed by Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD) Preparing for a half-marathon is no easy task. Not...
Why you definitely need to fuel during a long run + suggestions for gummies, gus, gels, sports drinks & using whole foods as fuel. Anyone who has ever run a half marathon or marathon can tell you that consuming some sort of fuel mid-run is crucial to overall...