The No-Brainer Nutrition Guide for Every Runner
Welcome to my fellow runners! I’m excited that you’ve found my page!
As a Registered Dietitian and marathon runner, I’m dedicated to using an evidence-based approach to sports nutrition.
What does that mean? Well, I’ll never recommend a crazy fad diet or supplement that hasn’t been proven by research. Instead, I try to give practical advice that is rooted in science.
That doesn’t mean it’s difficult to follow though! As a matter of fact, many many runners have benefitted from following my nutrition advice.
“The No-Brainer Nutrition Guide For Every Runner” delves into a variety of nutrition topics, such as:
- How much should you eat and drink before, during and after a run?
- Should you be using a sports supplement?
- What should you eat if you run really early in the morning?
- What’s the proper ratio of nutrients in a recovery meal?
- What the heck are BCAA and should you be supplementing with them?
- How can you follow a meatless diet and still fuel your running routine?
- What are some natural alternatives to sports nutrition products?
- How should your fueling change as you increase my mileage?
Other content you might find helpful:
These 9 cookbooks for plant-based athletes make a perfect gift! Or pick one up for yourself to try some healthy & easy recipes. Searching for a gift for the plant-based athlete in your life? Or maybe you're a plant-based athlete and want more recipe inspiration?...
What to eat (and avoid) during each phase of the menstrual cycle. The best foods for PMS symptoms & foods that make symptoms worse. By Lydia Carron (Medically Reviewed by Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD) The menstrual cycle, a recurring sequence of hormonal changes...
The various phases of the menstrual cycle and accompanying hormones affect how you feel and athletic performance. Learn how to make your hormones work for you! Written by Lydia Carron (Medically Reviewed by Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD) Hormones are one of those subjects...