The No-Brainer Guide to Becoming a Registered Dietitian
Want to become a dietitian?
Learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about changing careers to become a Registered Dietitian.
An RD (and former career changer) shares her advice and outlines the entire process, including:
* My career change story
* What is a Registered Dietitian?
* Things to consider before going back to school (length, finances, part-time versus full-time)
* Schooling Options: DPD, Master’s or Coordinated Program
* Finding a school that is right for you
* Applying to a Nutrition program
* How to make yourself stand out as a candidate (tips on volunteer work, letters of recommendation and more)
* The Nutrition program: What to expect
* The Dietetic Internship
* RD exam
* Potential RD careers
* Final thoughts & advice
Other content you might find helpful:
Use this step-by-step guide to apply to a nutrition program if you have a degree in another field. Changing careers to become a Registered Dietitian can be a daunting process. That's why I'm breaking it all down here with 3 easy steps to follow to become a Registered...
So you want to write for major publications? I described how I got my start in my last article [How To Become A Health & Nutrition Freelance Writer], but today I'm sharing 7 practical tips that will help you get started today. 1. Build an online presence If you...
Want to become a freelance writer for major publications? An RD who writes for top tier magazines shares tips for breaking into the media & writing world. As a Registered Dietitian, I've written articles for more than 10 major magazines and news outlets, yet I...