Welcome to another episode of the Greenletes podcast! This week, Natalie interviews professional runner and Sports Dietitian, Maddie Alm, MS, RD.
Born and raised in Boulder, CO, Maddie transitioned from playing soccer to running in her junior year of high school. She then walked onto her onto the Cross Country/Track team in college and ultimately became an All-American in the 1500 meter.
Maddie went on to receive my Master’s in Nutritional Sciences from San Diego State University and completed her Dietetic Internship at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN.
Currently, she runs professionally with Team Boss in Boulder, CO and has her own sports nutrition consulting business, Fueling Forward, where she work with endurance athletes ranging in ability from high school, collegiate, professional and recreational.
In this episode
In this episode, we chat all about:
- how she went from soccer to walk-on cross country to professional athlete
- what she does as the Sports Dietitian for Team Boss
- her nutrition philosophy and why she thinks all foods fit in a healthy diet
- whether or not runners should strive to make “race weight”
- how she combats food rules that are pervasive in the running community
- what everyday athletes can learn from the pros
- whether or not she supports plant-based eating among runners
Follow Maddie at @fueling_forward or visit her website www.fuelingforward.com
Win $50 to Amazon!
For the next month, I’m giving away four $50 gift cards to Amazon– one each week! All you have to do to win is rate the Podcast on Apple.
Then go to this form and enter the username you used to leave the rating (so I can verify). I’ll pick a winner at the end of every week.
Listen on your fav player!
Subscribe and listen to the Greenletes podcast on your favorite podcast player: