Plant-based air fryer recipes are the perfect solution for busy athletes who want to make quick healthy meals without sacrificing taste. Air fryers offer a convenient way to prepare nutrient-rich, delicious meals that will give you the energy you need to power through your workouts.
Not only that, but air fryers cook food quickly, so they are perfect for busy athletes who don’t have much time to prepare food. From breakfast dishes to snacks, main courses, and desserts – air fryers provide countless options for creating delicious and healthy meals without spending hours in the kitchen.
Plus, air fryers can quickly reheat leftovers or frozen foods, which makes meal prep a breeze. Below is a list of almost 30 healthy plant-based air fryer recipes that you will want to add to your repertoire.
Are air fryers healthy?
Air fryers are soaring in popularity and for good reason. Not only do they offer an easy way to make yummy food, but there is a wide variety of air fryers on the market that can suit any lifestyle.
The air fryer is like a small countertop oven. But unlike the old toaster ovens, air fryers circulate hot air around the food to create a crispy texture. Air fryers are available in different varieties, such as smaller sizes for 1 to 2 people or larger sizes for the whole family.
Some air fryers are simple with a few knobs, while others have multiple digital cooking methods. And air fryers do more than “fry”–you can make baked goods or roast foods in them as well.
How to Use an Air Fryer to Make Quick, Nutritious Meals During Training Season
To get started using an air fryer, you’ll want to stock your kitchen with some nutritious ingredients, such as plant-based proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats, like nuts and seeds. Check out this ultimate pantry list for the best foods to keep on hand.
Once you’ve gathered a few items from the grocery store, you can begin experimenting with different recipes. I highly recommend meal prepping some meals and snacks, so you have quick fueling and recovery options available anytime.
The air fryer makes meal prep easy, since it cooks food very quickly. You can cook multiple batches of food in no time! If you find a recipe you really like, adjust the spices or add herbs to keep things interesting.
For busy athletes who are short on time but still want access to healthy meals during training season – an air fryer is definitely a must-have kitchen appliance! When used properly, an air fryer can be a great tool for preparing delicious meals that will fuel your body all throughout training.
28 Simple Plant-Based Air Fryer Recipes
Here are 28 RD-approved vegetarian and vegan air fryer recipes for busy athletes:
2. Air Fryer Crispy Tofu | Greenletes
3. Air Fryer Roasted Crunchy Chickpeas | Greenletes
4. Tortilla Chips (Air Fryer) For Kids | Carrots & Cookies
5. Air Fryer Butternut Squash – Plant Based with Amy
6. The Best Air Fryer Tempeh – Bucket List Tummy
7. Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges – Bucket List Tummy
8. Seasoned Air Fryer Parsnips – Easy Chickpeasy
9. Air Fryer Tofu Wings – Easy Chickpeasy
10. Crispy Air Fryer Tofu [4 Ways!] – Colleen Christensen Nutrition
11. Honey Garlic Air Fryer Tofu | The Lean Green Bean
12. Perfect Air Fryer Apple Chips (with chocolate dip) | Craving Something Healthy
13. Air Fryer Falafel | Shaw’s Simple Swaps
14. Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – HOORAH to Health
15. The Best Air Fryer Asparagus – HOORAH to Health
16. EASY 30 minute Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers (vegetarian) – Nourished by Nic
17. Best Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos Recipe | Delish
18. Air Fryer Cinnamon Crunch Granola | Delish
19. Air-Fryer Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe | EatingWell
20. Air-Fryer Everything Bagel Curly Fries with Scallion-Yogurt Dip Recipe | EatingWell
21. Air-Fryer Broccoli-Cheddar Quesadillas Recipe | EatingWell
22. Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings – Delish Knowledge
23. Air-Fryer Potato Cakes Recipe | EatingWell
24. Air-Fryer Tortilla Chips with Mango Salsa Recipe | EatingWell
25. 10-Minute Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie – Nourished by Nic
26. Kale Chips (Air Fryer) | Carrots & Cookies
27. Air-Fryer Portobello Parmesan Recipe | EatingWell