The Greenletes Podcast welcomes Angie Asche, a board-certified specialist in sports dietetics and a certified clinical exercise physiologist. Angie realized her passion for sports nutrition and consulting athletes one-on-one early on in her career, which led her to launch her private practice, Eleat Sports Nutrition.
Since founding her company, she has worked with hundreds of high school, college, and professional athletes nationwide. She is also the author of the book Fuel Your Body, which will be released May 11th.
In this episode
Natalie and Angie chat through common diets, like keto, intermittent fasting and macro counting. We also discuss sports nutrition myths, like:
- Lower body fat always equals an improvement in performance.
- Your body can only absorb 20-30 grams of protein per meal.
- Endurance athletes have lower protein needs than strength athletes.
- Coconut water is more hydrating than a sports drink.
- If you’re craving a certain food, your body needs those nutrients.
Listen and subscribe
Make sure you subscribe to the podcast to be notified of all new episodes. And if you enjoy it, please rate it with 5 stars.